CTCC Priorities and Current Goals
Promote Columbia Tusculum as a community.
- Actively communicate neighborhood news and events using the Columbia e-Journal and our website.
- Sponsor events that bring attention to our historic neighborhood and business district: annual Flying Pig Marathon water station, periodic Historic Home Tour and other events.
Support business development.
- Support the Columbia Tusculum Business Association.
- Develop a community square within the Columbia Square with plantings for a welcoming sitting area and staging of neighborhood events.
Be Clean, Green, and Safe.
- Sponsor and maintain beautification projects (gateway sign parks, pocket park, business district streetscape trees and median plantings).
- Target blight areas for improvement eg., Artworks Mural
- Foster Neighborhood Watch Groups and participation in Citizens on Patrol
Promote Zoning consistency and integrity of neighborhood buildings & environment.
- Help enforce zoning & codes by inputting to construction projects and variance requests
- Maintain integrity of our Historic District with review of building and property changes in the district and for related historic buildings. Input to the Historic Conservation Board as needed.
- Influence use of public and commercial land impacting our neighborhood image & property values with input to City ordinances and projects. eg., rail lines, park land use, bike paths, property re-zoning, view corridors, etc. Collaborate with private developers to influence land use in ways that complement and enhance our neighborhood.